Today Sitecore released Sitecore CMS version 6.1. Although it may be completely forgotten as it is released the same day as Sitecore Online Marketing Suite (OMS), it includes some important fixes and new features.
You can see the full changelog here.
In my opinion some of the most important none OMS related improvements are:
- The advanced field editor for the Page Editor. Now it should be possible to alter fields like a checkbox and a Droptree field in the Page Editor. Untill now the inline and page editing only allowed normal content editing.
- The rules engine has been added. Although this is strongly related to OMS, I figure it can be used for a lot of other things.
- It is now possible to create templates for rendering parameters. I am especially looking forward to dig in to this feature, as it might be the missing link in separating content and presentation. Check out this blog post if you want to know what the issue has been untill now.
- A new update wizard has been introduced. Is this finally going to make it easier to install minor fixes?
- They have included a fix for the Lucene integration, which should fix the numouros errors experienced with Lucene under heavy pressure. Hope it works!
I am really looking forward to taking a closer look on these features and improvements!