Level:

Request an article

We recently added some new functionality to the site. One of the things we added was a form, where you can request a new article.

Written by: Jens Mikkelsen
Wed, Oct 21 2009

So if you feel there is a need for documentation on a certain area, feel that there is something you don't really understand about Sitecore or if you just have a great idea for an article, fill in the form on the homepage.

The requests and our own ideas will be posted on a list here on the site, so it will be easier for article contributors to see, what articles are needed.

Please rate this article

1 rates / 5 avg.

• About the author:

Jens Mikkelsen

Jens Mikkelsen is a partner at Inmento Solutions a Sitecore consulting firm. He works as a Sitecore specialist and consulting helping clients architect and build quality Sitecore solutions using the newest modules and tools.

Further he has been deeply envolved in various complex solutions and has built up a strong knowledge of Sitecore architecture and best practices. He has especially focused on and is specialized in debugging and analyzing Sitecore solutions.

Jens is very interested in the technical mechanisms in the new marketing products such as Sitecore DMS and Sitecore ECM.

My Sitecore Freelance CV

11 responses to "Request an article"

Ram
Please provide me an articale, how to create a web application using Sitecore 6.0 Express edition
thanks in advance.
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:17 AM
Hi Ram,

Take a look at the article series here: http://learnsitecore.cmsuniverse.net/en/Developers/Articles/2009/07/SimpleSitePart1.aspx

Cheers
Jens
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:19 PM
HI Jens,

Please provide me an article on how the custom profile provider can be associated with sitecore and also how to get the custom profile properties in code.
Thanks in Advance
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2010 11:26 PM
Hi Atif,

Have you taken a look at this article?

Cheers
Jens
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2010 1:06 AM
Hi Jens,

Thanks for a quick reply.
Yes I have looked at your mentioned article, but this is about extending the current user profile with in sitecore. AS Sitecore also use ASP .Net Profile Provider, What I require is information about how can I add a Custom Profile Provider in sitecore which can fetech/ update the information in my custom DB and not in Sitecore "core" DB.
In my case, the profile provider is written by extending the ASP .Net ProfileProvider class and the provider is ready. The web.config is also updtaed accordingly, that is my custom profile provider information is added there and also all the properties that I want to save in my custom DB, but I am not able to find a clue about how can I fetch/ Update from my form where I collect/ Display these properties values.
Hope the question is clear now.
Lokking forward to a quick reply in this regard.

Cheers

Atif
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2010 9:55 AM
I have gone through article series of “Simple information site in Sitecore” which helped me a lot for understanding. I am eagerly looking for remaining part i.e. Part 7: The homepage; Part 8: News; Part 9: Search; Part 10: Deploying the solution. Especially I want to know how to deploy the site created in site core. Right now I can run the site only from site core, how to run it directly by browser?
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 8:42 AM
Hej Jens,
Please provide an article about how to debug xslt using visual studio debugger by setting breakpoins (Attach to Process method). I have tried it for user controls and it worked fine but when it comes to xslt the process couldn't hit the breakpoint.

regards,
Juli
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 8:59 PM
Hi Juli,

As fare as I am aware you cannot use the debugger for XSLT. You can use it on XSLT extensions though.

Cheers
Jens
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:26 PM
Hi,
I am programmatically creating content tree item nodes using data in an xls. I am facing issues in associating layout to the item nodes. I am unable to identify any setter method for an item that I can use. I thought of using the Item.Visualization properties but it did not help.
Please can someone advice or help with a sample code of how to associate the layout item to the item nodes programmatically.

Thanks & Regards
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 6:36 AM
Hi Shailash,

I have answered your question on Stack overflow and will write up a post about it. You can check it out here:

Cheers
Jens Mikkelsen
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:24 AM
jay
I am working in MVC and new to SiteCore. I have a requirement to validate the Model and we are thinking to store the error messages in the SiteCore.

If you can give me some inputs or any sample links that would be great.
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 1:16 PM